Welcome!

Thank you for taking the time to look at our family history collection. Please feel free to make comments, and let us know who you are, and your relationship in the family!

If you leave a comment and want me to get back to you, please be sure to leave an email address.

6 Generation Pedigree - Lynn Miller Gaufin

6 Generation Pedigree - Lynn Miller Gaufin

6 Generation Pedigree - Cynthia Gessel Gaufin

6 Generation Pedigree - Cynthia Gessel Gaufin

Monday, April 12, 2010

GESSEL Family History: Gottlieb Gessel Sr.

Gottlieb Gessel, Sr.
(1849 - 1923)


Gottlieb Gessel, Sr. was my great-grandfather on my father's side. He was a brick maker by trade. The following are articles include a personal history, as well as information about his brick business.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this blog! Gottlieb's daughter, Clara Eliza, is my great-grandmother. I served in Germany 20 years ago and visited Altleiningen and Grosskarlbach. I have pics of various things you are welcome to. I am traveling back this November to take more (better) pics and to search graveyads for information. dustint@newhavenrtc.com

Melinda said...

Hi, Gottlieb is my great great grandfather. My great grandfatehr is Jacob Spring Gessel. I'm amazed at how much my father looks like my dad. Thank you for posting. Melinda Gessel

Ross T. said...

I grew up in the Gottlieb Gessel, Jr. home in Providence. My parents still live there. My parents told me it was build using reject bricks (mainly for color) from the brick factory. The exterior walls are three bricks thick. When my parents remodeled the kitchen, the stripped everything off the two exterior walls so the brick was showing and sealed it. It looks very nice.

They found an Ajax Army .45 revolver in the kitchen ceiling during the remodel. We've never known why it was there, though we were told there was a still in the attic during prohibition. I have a lot of great memories of that home